Overview / Responsibilities
Job title: Construction Services Superintendent
Ref No: 9377
Project: BSP Rejuvenation
Duration: Long Term
Purpose / Role
- To manage the offshore construction aspects of the contract to ensure safe completion of construction work and provision of construction deliverables to a high standard of quality.
Key aims and objectives
- Oversee and direct the C3 (construction, commissioning & completions) Function within the scope of BSP contract.
- Deliver on objectives and targets, and enforce a culture of mentoring and coaching to allow national employees to develop the required competencies.
Prime responsibilities and duties
- Safety leadership by personal example
- Focused and a proactive approach for involvement in all areas of HSE working practices and initiatives.
- Safe performance in all aspects and phases of the project
- Ensure Health & Safety Responsibilities are adhered to and understood
- Install offshore oil and gas facilities in accordance with company and international standards, within the planned programme duration, employing safe operating practices at all times
- Leadership and organization of the construction team, team development and Nationalisation objectives.
- Lead, Liaise & Communicate with the Delivery Supervisors, Field Engineers, Schedulers, Materials Coordinator and Companys TA/NTA Engineer in order to efficiently progress the works
- Effective completion of construction work and deliverables to meet the needs of the projects
- Develop and maintain construction systems and processes.
- Ensure quality of construction work
- Planning support for construction work and input to issue of accurate and timely progress reports
- Management of the offshore construction organization, resource planning and assurance of manpower and personnel requirements to meet the needs of the project.
- Assignment and allocation of construction personnel to specific projects and business streams
- Client interfacing
- Client Relationship management
- Resource management
- Visible Leadership
- Recognised O&G discipline background
- Technically qualified / time served trades person with trade registrations / vocational qualifications.
- Fully conversant with Project Management Systems with extensive knowledge of Project Construction Practices and procedures
- IT Literate (Excel / Word / Powerpoint etc) with experience in JMS
- Degree educated in a related Engineering subject
- Management NVQ Level 4 or 5
- Conversant with TRM process
- Accident/Incident Investigation
- First Step for Supervision
- CDCA Competence Assurance Assessor Training
- Minimum of 15 years experience and at least 10 years offshore construction experience in a Supervisory role
- Demonstrable experience in similar role or Senior position in Oil & Gas construction management team
- Delivery focused with proven experience in achieving project goals whilst maintaining high standards in HSSE at all times
- Extensive knowledge of the construction process, its implementation and management. Fully conversant with project management tools
- Experienced in the production of detailed procedures/documents/reports
- Experienced in the management of personnel and all aspects of team working
- Extensive knowledge of O&G related HSSE safe working practices/procedures
- Ability to deliver training to personnel within the construction services team commitment to develop team members
- Ability to interface and interact with management and client Representatives at all levels
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and provide direction to ensure subordinate staff comply with operating manual and relevant procedures
- Demonstrates commitment and safety leadership at all times
- Fully aware and is able to comprehensively articulate the business and project objectives and targets
- Flexible able to comply with company and client requirements
- Demonstrates a positive attitude to diversity issues, and challenges inappropriate behaviors
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Has a desire to learn and develop within the role and also develop others as part of nationalisation programme
- Effective in motivating others to perform to the best of their ability, coaching individuals in the group to consistently perform beyond their normal expectations
- Ability to interpret project procedures and drawings in particular extensive understanding of design scaffold drawings
- Ability to produce technical documents and procedures covering all aspects of the construction services process
- IT Literate in all major software packages (Word/Excel/PowerPoint etc)
- Ability to compile accurate data and produce detailed management reports
- Must have good knowledge on international construction and safety codes
- Must be familiar with the hazardous high fire risk situations
- Must have a sound knowledge of international and company standard specifications.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. <web address removed>