Responsible for Project's Quality Assurance and Quality Control, pipeline welding inspections including NDT and radiography.
- Review Project Quality Engineering Plan
- Define engineering deliverables and provide QA/QC inputs to Scope of Work.
- Guide & direct the FEED engineer to ensure that all deliverables fully reflect QA/QC requirements.
- Conduct external audit/surveillance to Engineering subcontractor, vendors and suppliers
- Lead the development and implementation of the quality management system, quality and technical integrity assurance framework and the establishment of the verification assurance audit program for the project
- Provide technical guidance and QA/QC support for procurement activities, technical bid evaluation, design reviews during FEED and detailed engineering.
- Participate to witness in critical design review and testing of equipment/material and conclude failure root cause analysis of equipment and material.
- Responsible for the technical decision making and engineering decision on quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC).
- Set Key Performance Indicator (KPI) intended for Engineering phase. Monitor, measured and analyze it for continuous improvement
- Review Project Quality Construction & Installation Plan
- Review Site Inspection and Test Plans, Site Quality Procedures and other related quality method statements.
- Review all daily inspection and test of the scope and character necessary to achieve the quality of construction required in the drawings and specifications for all works under the contract performed ON or OFF site.
- Review inspection and checking for all quality related procedures in the site and ensures activity at the site are as per approved method statement and inspection test plan.
- Coordinate with the C-Contractor for inspection and meeting about quality problems including the closure of Non-Compliance Report.
- Report to the Project Manager, control, and monitor all activities related to Quality Management System, QMS.
- Taking care of QA/QC documents of the entire project including certificates, calibration, test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and site instruction/observations, permanent materials delivered and other QA/QC documents. Responsible for the closure of Non-conformance, NCR and Site Instruction, SI.
- Review for the quality and workmanship of every activity, thorough knowledge of all phases of engineering construction relating to: Pipeline, Gas Stations, Civil, Architectural and Structural discipline interfacing the multidisciplinary operations.
- Review and approve method statement for the activity including risk assessment and job safety environmental analysis and Inspection Test Plan and Checklist based on specifications of the project.
- Carry out Internal Audit at the site as scheduled in the Project Quality Plan, PQP.
- Develop the Contract Audit Schedule, assign and conduct audits to determine compliance to project quality management system. Follows up on audit findings to ensure proper close-out and correction. Ensure that all audits are value added to ensure proper assessment and objective evidence of compliance is pursued.
- Establish effective preventive measures and corrective action to ensure that deficiencies do not re-occur. This process will involve measurements to determine trends and suitable means of correction. Prepare and compile data from audits, identify non-quality trends and advise Project Management for resolution.
- Conduct “Root Cause Analysis” for the critical NCR and CAR and make concise reports based on factual evidence.
- Establish statistical measurement to define Quality and Performance Quality (KPI’s)
- Liaise with the Certifying Authority on documents specified to seek verification, assessment and appraisal of their conformity and fitness to codes and regulations.
- Prepare data for Project Management Review of the Project Management System implementation to assess the effectiveness of the system, areas of re-occurring deficiencies and areas for improvement. Proposes recommended goals with Project Management for continual improvement.
- Review Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS), Procedure Qualification Record (PQR ), and witness Welders Qualification Test (WQT)
- Prepare weekly welding repair rates. Prepare weekly QC activities.
- Review specifications /drawings for material and welding requirements to determine the necessary WPS /PQR assuring integrity of welding.
- Coordinate with other Quality Personnel (QC Supervisor, Coordinator, Inspector).
- Witness Site Testing and Inspection activities as per approved ITPs.
- Participate in line walk through and punch listing.
- Review and Prepare as required Project Final Dossier.
- Prepare quality related lessons-learned through Project Close-out Report to ensure preventive measures are deployed.
- Assist and/or prepare Project Quality Commissioning Plan.
- Review the Mechanical Completion Packages.
- Participate in line walk through for the issuance of Mechanical Completion Certificate.
- Support the management of Punch Lists (Pre commissioning and Commissioning Stage).
- Focus is on maximizing the effectiveness of the Classification and Certification scope through hands-on interface with the contractors, providing independent assurance support to the execution of verification processes for mechanical completion and commissioning and providing quality assurance checks and reviews of the systems required for a safe start-up.
- Provides quality assurance and verification activities necessary to achieve Ready for Start-Up and the successful Handover of the asset for the operational phase.
- Support the Asset Integrity Verification program by providing independent reviews and audits.
- Provide Supports to Commissioning & Start-Up (CSU) during acceptance inspection of the system/subsystem.
- Quality focal point for the Pre-Start-Up Audit and assurance of the closure of actions
- QA of the close-out of requirements for Handover and the Statement of Fitness
A degree in mechanical engineering accompanied with required certifications.
10 years of work experience in similar projects (NG Pipelines & Gas Stations). Minimum 3 projects acting as QA/QC Engineer. Practical applications of international standards and codes.
ASNT Level II certificate
RT (Radiographic Test)
UT (Ultrasonic Test)
MT (Magnetic Particle Test)
PT (Penetrant Test)
API Certified Inspector
Similar Job Searches
- QA QC Engineer (8 month contract)
- QA QC Engineer (8 month contract) in As Sulaymaniyah
- QA QC Engineer (8 month contract) in As-Sulaymaniyah
- QA QC Engineer (8 month contract) in Iraq
- Oil and Gas jobs in As Sulaymaniyah
- Oil and Gas jobs in As-Sulaymaniyah
- Oil and Gas jobs in Iraq
- QA QC
- QA QC Engineer
- QA Engineer
- QC Engineer
- QC QA
- QC QA Engineer
- Engineer QA QC
- Engineer QC
- Engineer QC QA